Sunday, January 16, 2005

Planetshakers Conference

For the last week from thursday to saturday, i have been attending the Planetshakers conference at Challenge Stadium... (whoa that sentence sounds way too formal mate)
yeah it's been a blast... and though now i'm still tired (slept about 4 hours last night)... i can truly say that i feel energized, ready to LIVE ...
it all started one warm Thursday morning ... arriving at Roo's place at 8am to find him and Tim in various states of sleep hahaha... yes... a sight to be repeated throughout the week... anywayz we eventually got there around 9, which was the starting time i think... hmmm and it was CRANKING in there :-P
well in the arvo i went to the elective for uni outreach, run by Ps Matt Fielder... a very... hmmm non Politically Correct guy... i guess that's one way to put it :-P anywayz it was not bad.... got a few tips... and this year i'm planning to start a Christian Band with a few other uni students... so far we have 3 already... guitarist, bassist/drummer and keyboardist (to be confirmed)... yeah its abit of a skeleton band atm but yeah it should be good once we start jamming around...
but back to the conference... which i more or less stumbled through in a half sleepless state... its a good thing that i took notes ehh... because i suffer from that curious affliction where after sitting through a lecture/sermon/speech/anything really :-P, i forget everything in about 5 minutes after the thing... yep... some serious mental probs there
anywayz that night was the first rally i went to (missed out on wednesday's) yeah.... hmmm and it was LOUD... and LOUD... and, did i say... LOUD? (it was man... my ears were ringing) ahahaha yeah anywayz it was awesome and message given by the Pat Schatzline dude (did i spell it rite?) yeah was really interesting ehh... what is heaven like? well we'll see when we get there :-D
yes... also narrowly averted a PR disaster with the Chong's, due to an incident involving a little whisky, some noodles and a coca-cola flavoured lolly :-P hahaha ok u guys can ask Tim what happened... was abit embarassing but i stick to my story that i was not under the influence whatsoever in uncle Ivan's car... (lolly made my straight whiskey-tainted breath become a jim-beam and cola mixed drink- marginally better i guess :-D, but yeah i dont think anyone noticed hahaha) anywayz i paid the price later that night when i could not for all the money in the world remember some chix's name (only remembering it about 20 minutes later in Da Jie's car when it was too late) NOOO!!! oh well hahaha God works in mysterious ways :-P
hmm yeah friday was another awesome day, with Reggie Dabbs arrivin' that night... yeah well can't say much more, 'cept that it was awesome :-D "AYE!!!" hahaha yep...
that night was an extremely good rally if u ask me... though i had to go back in the arvo to take care of the house, the assorted siblings etc etc... (ahh i must be like TRANSPERTH's favourite customer by now) yeah... so i've spent abit too much time on buses lately (must get Driver's licence soon- test on 10th of March)
saturday... ahh the morning was abit of a rush... was late by 15 mins due to an abrupt change of plans... anywayz hahaha it was "Black Saturday" (not my words mate... im just quoting someone...) yeah with Reggie Dabbs and Chris Hill speaking... and it was again another excellent day (though i confess that a few days of bad sleep had left me in abit of a tetchy mood... just ask Tim what my first words were on Friday morning when the alarm woke us up :-P... oops ... hahaha yeah... im not a morning person, to say the least (i think i've said this before...) oh well missed the rally that night due to Roo's 20th... which was also pretty ok.... slept at around 3 on Sunday morning, not a particularly good idea when one has to be at church by 8... good thing that Da Jie was late as well :-P so i didnt look so bad when i woke up at 7:40, stumbled around the room... took a cold shower.... gave my hair the obligatory 100 brushes (joking only... hahahah.... I need a blowdryer!!! :-P)... no brekkie this morning... church... worship team... Zzzzz.... (mebbe not in that order exactly...)
yes anywayz i managed to miss a key change.... which isnt good when you're playing the main part of the song... (my bad my bad :-P) hmmm yes hahaha
anywayz went home, KFC for lunch.... napped for 3 hours... woke up... dinner.... here i am :-D...
fresh as a daisy (ok mebbe not)...

well, i'll leave you guys with this song from the Conference, which i absolutely love (i prob got most of the words of the song wrong, but this is the gist of it- well what i remember anywayz)

Evermore (chorus)

I will sing, of the mercy of the Lord
I will shout, of Your faithfulness o Lord

For there is none like You
Crowned in all Your majesty
Humbly now I come
To worship You forever...

You are my God, my life my all,
and I live for You alone,
I am Yours, evermore
Heaven and Earth will shout Your praise
And forever I'll proclaim,
I am Yours, evermore


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look! I have stumbled upon your blog! :D

Do you remember how the non-chorus parts of Evermore go? (And is what you posted all the lyrics?) Currently I can only remember the chorus, so I've been singing that and it's been going round and round in my head... don't get me wrong, I love the song to death but it's getting a little annoying!

Though not annoying as THIS one: "When I was seventeen, I drank some very good beer... I drank some very good beer that I purchased with fake ID... my name was Brian McGee... I stayed up listening to Queen... when I was seventeen..." (Oh dear, I actually know the words to that now, isn't it disturbing?)

TK