Saturday, May 16, 2009

A meeting with a Doctor

I've run into problems on the thesis. Having nearly completed my legal research, I've realised that there's really nothing that the law can do in relation to the ethical issue I'm discussing. i.e. I'm slightly stuck. And my thesis is going to just me a summary of the existing law - and won't be a thesis =(...

Having said that, I had a really good meeting with Dr Richard Tai (Obs/Gyn), who talked me through some of the central issues in relation to the provision of prenatal testing. And no, I'm not pregnant - it's for my thesis.

It's amazing how much he knows about the topic (well, he's been practising for 29 years). But he really had a sound grasp of the law on the topic, which was, for a law student (yours truly)... =). 

Anyways... back to summarising what we talked about. Or rather, what he taught me






No comments: