Tuesday, November 16, 2004

ahh free time

kkk so it's day 4 into my holidays... am getting abit bored
oh well... at least now i've got a job... thanks to DW, who generously passed on a tutoring job to me...
i have to tutor some kid in Primary School level English and Maths
actually some of their maths problems are a bit weird... hahaha was very "pai se" when the boy got the correct answer after i screwed up... oops!!! however, if the question was on hypothesis testing, linear regression, chi-squared tests... then i'm your man!!!! not this logical addition/subtraction stuff :P
so anyway... the kid needs help with his creative writing and comprehension... i can handle that... should be ok... cept the parents want the kid to get like an ATP scholarship to a "good" school, so i was like "err... crud... no guarantees ok??"... my feeling of pressure was compounded by the fact that the lad's chinese mum had like the newspaper article of last year's TEE results (u know the one that compares results between schools, colleges, co-eds whatever) and she was like "what do you think of Rossmoyne SHS/Aquinas/Wesley/All Saints/Willeton SHS", to which i tried frantically to remember what was in that article and make relevant comments.... then she went "what do you think of Penrhos?" and i was like:
(thinking) i can give 2 answers here:
Option 1 (safe option):
"well it's actually a girl's school so well i dont think little Ron here would fit in" (said as earnestly as possible)
Option 2 (funny option that results in me not getting job):
(said in utmost frankness, and seriousness) "lets see, Penrhos... i would love to have gone there, all those chicks... its a pretty good flower/bee ratio (ask ppl who were at Family camp for the meaning behind this metaphor) but i probably wouldnt have got much study done there ;-), and frankly, Ron... well... (burst out laughing manically and slamming table with hand)... i dont fancy his chances there for a while "
obviously i took option 1 and got the job... and Ron's a pretty nice boy btw... very cute, bubbly, cheeky, sincere... as only year 6's can be...

also... being ridiculously free lately... had so much time to myself... which is good because i highly value personal time... just to think and read... and reflect on the year just passed

Thus, i have been able to get the dust off my guitar and get back to some serious playing... the last few nights... thus disturbing the peace in my neighbourhood, which isnt good as there's a guy studying for TEE on my right and a Curtin gal studying for exams on my left... (of my house obviously... not me personally :P). (the gal's pretty hot though :P... )but anyways let us not digress from my point which is that there is something about playing guitar at 12:30 at night which is just entrancing, mainly because it's so quiet (everyone's asleep)... hahaha... and also because then i dont get given crap by my dad about my singing...and i feel less inhibited generally when noone's listening/scrutinising
i also find that i'm more creative at night, and thus have been working on some songwriting... this is the last 2 night's work (reworked an old idea slightly... giving it a more interesting beat)

Always
V1
Though i saw noone by my side
You were always there for me
Through the tears clouding up my eyes
You were all that i could see
V2
Though the road is long at night
I know that you took each step before me
Even though my load's not light
You lift me up when i am down

Pre-chorus
And i just want to say
That i'll never let you go
And i just want to live for you,
to be with you, forever

Chorus
My life is in you, My strength is in you
In you my heart will be always
My hope is in you, My freedom's in you
In you my trust will be always

kkk.... anyways... hahaha its in G if anyone wants to try it out :-)
on that note... i'll sign off for now

No comments: