Wednesday, March 05, 2008

week 1

This might be the slackest timetable i've had for a while (well since Honours last year). As my tutorials are fortnightly, I only have to attend uni 2 days a week every other fortnight - on Mondays and Thursdays. Good or bad? Well to be honest I'm not sure. On one hand, I save heaps of time in terms of getting to uni (public transport takes me nearly an hour). On the other hand, it does mean I have less time to catch up with the people that matter (well those that reside near UWA anyways). Which is difficult, because after all people do matter.

On another note, I've realised that this year, I really need to start hitting the career trail, which begins on Monday with me attending a careers fair at the Convention Centre. I have no idea what the dress code is, so i might just go smart casual and have a bob each way, so to speak. I tend to have recurring nightmares of being the person who is either too casually or too formally dressed. But i need to start thinking about the career side of things. After all, my time at UWA approaches an end.

Finally, something my pastor said at a sermon many weeks ago still resounds in my head. Basically, in layman's terms, he said that God will make you into the person (give you the attributes/gifts) which will allow you to achieve His purpose for your life. For some reason, I'd got it into my head that my personality, with its general introversion, occasional moments of aggression (exhibited on sporting fields) and a tendency to be intense (well because I am intense) would prevent me from doing certain things in life (eg be an good youth leader/preacher/lawyer). Untrue. God will change you - if you let Him. God will mould you - if you let Him. My prayer is that I let God shape me in His image, the one I was created to be in. I just have to make sure I don't use my perceptions of who I am personality-wise as an excuse to limit what He can do.

No comments: