Sunday, March 02, 2008

Uni awaits

The semester starts tomorrow for real... on a public holiday. Well actually I'm looking forward to it a little. It means I'm getting along with my life - summer holidays sometimes feel like a long delay for me - not that i don't enjoy holidays, it's just that after a while you want to do something.

A little recap of what happened to me over summer (obviously because I'm narcissistic and it all has to be about me - well not really - it is my blog after all)
  • Was the best man for Dave's wedding - went home to KL - caught up with relatives
  • Sundays were, strangely enough the days on which i woke up the earliest (there's an ugly sentence for you) - worship team duties =).
  • Played a decent amount of tennis with Jon Q - actually I've really been enjoying the games - probably because we're pretty even so far - he's the more consistent player, I'm the sneakier one so the games often get quite interesting.
  • Didn't find a job - but I'm tutoring Micro 101 this semester, so it isn't that much of an issue
  • Volunteered a few times with Drug ARM's Street Van - now that is a challenge - talking to people you have never met from a world far apart from yours - having said that, I enjoy it immensely.
  • Music + Lyrics - played a lot of guitar this summer - also had to scramble to write up a camp song, which was finally finalised yesterday with A Tan. I recall someone actually hitting her head on the floor saying "thank God" after finishing writing the song =). will play it for the Camp Comm tomorrow night - hope my voice holds up.
  • Went to the Young Adults camp yesterday for a day - actually I had a ball - it was pretty good to catch up with the YAs - they're not that old =P
  • more obliquely - I got challenged to grow over the summer. Got forced to grow up pretty quickly. But ultimately, I got God's love and that's what matters at the very end.

No comments: