Monday, October 04, 2004

Verry Cool Song i found, and also Volume 1 of "Mad dashes to uni in fast/slow cars"

hmmm just found a very cool Jars of Clay song (they're one of my fav bands)
here it goes:

If i stand
Verse 1:
There's more that rises in the morning than the sun
More that shines in the night than just the moon
There's more than just this fire here that keeps me warm
In a shelter that is larger than this room

There's a loyalty that's deeper than mere sentiment
A music higher than the songs that I can singAm
The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance
I owe only to the giver of all good things

Chorus:
So if I stand let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through
And if I can't let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you
If I sing let me sing for the joy that has born in me these songs
But if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his home

Verse 2:
There's more that dances on the prairies than the wind
that pulses in the ocean than the tide
There's a love that is fiercer than the love between friends
More gently than a mother's when her baby's at her side

There's a loyalty that's deeper than mere sentiment
A music higher than the songs that I can sing
The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance
I owe only to the giver of all good things

i lurve this song... sounds awesome as well...

on another related note:
credit should go to me mate R who drove me to the uni from Canningvale, stopping to pick up another friend in Rossmoyne... and getting to the uni in about 25 mins... not bad for an old Corolla (was auto as well)...
we even avoided the accursed camera at Mts Bay Rd...
however, nothing compares to P one fine sunday morning, when late to worship practice, we got to UWA from Canningvale in ike 15 mins. why the rush? we were 1/3 of the way there when he remembered he left his drumstix at home...this was at about 7:50... thus we sped back in his Silvia (awesome car)...and still got to church by 8:15 if i remember correctly... then again, i do remember clutching my seatbelt, the handle at the top of the door... as we went down the freeway...
oh, and when we got there, the church van wasnt there yet so we had to wait... was pretty funny though
kudos to P for givin me a ride to Church for the last year when i'm playing guitar in service...
thanx man... the last week of November is our anniversary...;)
as this blog has rambled on and on, i will stop here....

No comments: