Tuesday, December 18, 2007

home

I feel torn between where I am, and where I'm from. Life is bringing me away from my roots, and yet every time I return home, every time I think about the friends/family that I rarely meet up with nowadays, it feels different. I realised on my recent trip back to KL that Perth is where I'm at, and where I'm meant to be for now, and yet I miss home.

I guess it's all a part of getting older - accepting that as you move towards where you're meant to be, some people from the past will play a lesser role in your life. It involves appreciating their sacrifices, and it also means that when we do catch up, we make the best of our time together. In a sense, the price of growing up is that you move away (whether voluntarily or involuntarily) from the familiar to the new. A challenge, and a blessing.

No comments: