Sunday, February 10, 2008

the infrequent daily update

Had a couple of friends over for dinner tonight. Mother outdid herself in the kitchen (thanks). We ran the whole gamut from fried chicken, to char siew, to ginger-stewed duck. Amazing. Oh and the company was great as well. Thoroughly enjoyed, and embarrassed myself. I shall never again utter the words "girls wont play soccer" ever again. Having said that, one of the girls from my high school was a state soccer player, and my skills (or the lack of) are limited in any case. Just another incident of foot-in-mouth disease.

I also spent most of the day cleaning, and watching the cricket alternatively. I suspect inviting friends for dinner may be a ploy by my mother to coerce us into cleaning the house (joke). Oh, and church this morning was interesting. Out of necessity, I had to learn to operate the mixer (albeit at a very basic level). At one point, I was so frustrated with myself I was about to emulate the Monkey Scene in Zoolander ("where are the files???")... ahh well, worked it out at the end.

inconclusive post eh?

1 comment:

joshuachay said...

haha... I loved that scene! Can't possibly imagine you doing tho'