Monday, May 14, 2007

10 random things

ok so Dave tagged me, and the way this works is that once u've been tagged, u have to come up with 10 random things about yourself (i know this is childish. i also know i'm turning 20, the age where childishness should end. but ... oh well =P)

number 1:
i cant touch my hands behind my back. you know the stretching exercise where you raise one arm in the air above your shoulders, bend your elbow back so your hand is in the small of your back, and put your other hand behind your back to grab the hand? i cant do it. i'm not even close. everyone else in cell can. i feel left out =P...

number 2:
while i have 10 gbs of music, i probably only listen to 2 gbs over and over again. and i also listen to the same Jeremy Camp CD quite often (Carried: the worship project - awesome). I also love singing... and i do practice singing in the middle of the night... when everyone is asleep - not very socially responsible, am i? (there's a reason why at one point, we had no neighbours to the left, right and behind of our house)



















number 3:
i dyed my hair brown on a bet with a friend (who shall remain unnamed). i'm still a tad impressed by my impulsiveness =P. She might be as well. Mum wasn't. Dad recommended black with blonde highlights.
see before and after pics... this by itself probably merits a later post.

number 4:
i'm pretty hard of hearing in my left ear. i cant even use a phone on that ear. i blame this to years of ipod usage. why the left? maybe that's because i used to play right next to the drums at church...its all worth it. at least now i have an excuse not to listen to ppl (sorry mum =P)

number 5:
i break guitar strings as regularly as Harry Kewell gets an injury (i think i average about one a week - which is sad as i generally play maybe 3 times a week)... the most memorable was breaking the B and E strings of my electric during a church service, and being forced to improvise a solo for Follow the Son on the higher frets - not fun... if you dont know your scales well - thank God my brother covered haha...
as Andy would call it: "the passion" =D... having said that, at $5 a string, it's starting to become a pricy passion.

number 6:
i'm addicted to sport. totally addicted. i will take a combined 2 hour bus trip to play badminton for an hour. play cricket on Sundays. I try to play tennis on Mondays (badly, but i do try - despite Annabelle beating me regularly). i think my passion for football (soccer to you Aussies out there) is well documented... I've played with sprained ankles. I live and breathe it. Daydream about scoring the perfect girl... no wait ... goal =P. sport keeps me sane.

number 7:
despite the aforementioned hair colour, i am not an ah beng, or a ricey, or an Asian gang leader (my Dad's comment)... i still feel no urges to buy a polluting, way-too-fast jap sports car and rev up and down the streets of Northbridge, or to date an ah lian for that matter...
I can rev the 1.8l 1996 model Camry fast enough... (for an update on Friday's drag race: 1.8l Camry (1996) vs 3.2l Kluger (Circa 2004)... look out for it soon =P. the driver of the Kluger who shall not be named - she asked to remain anonymous - lets just say i lost badly, and to a maneuver which would not be out of place in the Sepang Grand Prix)

number 8:
I'm famous for being a tad... clumsy... example: managing to cut myself twice the other day. the first time was from reaching behind my laptop to unplug it. the second time was from getting the band-aid to fix up the first cut. enough said.

number 9:
i enjoy cooking (though i have a rather limited repertoire). for a detailed menu, ask me or Michelle.

number 10:
Annabelle and I shared the honours today at badminton... she won the first 2 sets 15-7, 15-8, and I won the last 2 sets 15-10, 15-12. She's getting good. very good. I worked twice as hard as she did to win the last 2 sets (and that was only because my male competitive spirit kicked in =P). Does this mean i have to get better at tennis? Fat chance. she beats me regularly. wait, she beats most of us guys who play regularly. too good, girl.

there we go. now who to tag? Boss, you're up next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nic! Wow, i didn't know you blogged :) Nice blog btw

Anonymous said...

nic - i can probably bear witness to random thing #5 (i think) - anyway it's the one about guitar strings. you have without fail, broken (at least) one at pretty much EVERY worship prac and service! haha!

i'm working on my list, tho progressing very slowly. my boss is not helping. must 'buy' her opinions.