Monday, July 09, 2007

surprise

Had an eventful day today
having slept at about 2am last night after watching an amazing Wimbledon final... I was woken abruptly by my dad at around 9am...
There was some consternation on my part (I appreciate 8 hours sleep), until i realised that me and my brother had been "volunteered" into painting a neighbor's house.
So off we went, and well... painted
Meanwhile lurking at the back of my mind was the fact that there was a surprise meant for Amanda's birthday. It was... difficult planning for those in charge. The said lady's movements around Perth were so... erratic, they brought to mind a terrorist on the run... apparently she was up north till yesterday, then at the Swan river... with her arrival times varying almost as much as... [insert metaphor here]
so what was originally planned for 1.45 today eventually took place at 3pm... difficult on my part to get some time off painting, with the said brother. I did promise after all...
So anyways we nearly finished putting the undercoat on the ground floor at about 2:35. At which point i looked down, and realised i was coated liberally with paint (the price of being in a rush)... I actually have paint on my left eyelid and right eyebrow. the problem of using oil-based paint is that only turpentine will get it off. Even i would not be so foolish as to use turpentine so close to my eyes, or on my hair... so stay it will, and my hair will look like an orange Christmas tree with "snow", until it eventually washes out.
Back to the story... after dousing my hands with enough turpentine to get the paint (and some skin) off, my brother and I sped off to maccas, arriving just as the rest of the party was leaving. We got to her house, where the Tangs kept the said lady safely ensconced in Rowie's room, while the rest of us snuck in and hid in various places.
interesting note - the girl does not lock her front door. either she's really trusting, or she keeps a pickaxe on her person somewhere.
I got volunteered to hide in the closet, while Tim and Bryan got the bathroom. First point... i realized how claustrophobic i was in that closet - it was tight. Anyways, eventually i heard Rachael's dulcet tones leading Amanda into the room, and then... listened as she endeavoured to keep Amanda (i found this out later) right in front of the closet. When she could stall no longer, i slowly slid open the door. and continued sliding open the door... and then, , she still stood with her back to me... right until i took a step out and invaded her "space bubble" haha... its funny how she didn't hear the noise (which everyone else heard), but as soon as someone steps too close, she jumped a metre, and ... yeah my ears are still ringing... some music ("Kiss me...") started playing out of nowhere ...
and I'll leave u guys hanging there (she will kill me for this)...

Happy birthday Amanda =)

until next time.
ps... the author remains happily single, and decidedly a closet poser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an eventful day indeed. thanks to all those who made it happen. fantastic surprise.

btw, nic maybe it's not such a good idea to make known the fact that i tend to forget to lock my front door.. haha

DaSinner said...

well maybe you'll learn to lock it then =P... duly noted (dont want you getting unpleasantly surprised)
Not like that many people read this blog anyways lol