Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Skating

I celebrated the end of exams with a trip to the city with Alfred, Galvin, Rachel and Lily for some skating! There's really nothing quite like the feeling of gliding on ice in the middle of the city, with a concert in the background, and Christmas decorations all around =)

Oh and I didn't kill anyone skating also. Last year I nearly decapitated a good friend on the ice. But that's a different story. We remain in contact...

Murder on ice...

Putting on those skates (here come blisters)

L-R: Rachel, Lily, Galvin and I

Alfred and I (see Rachel, I post unglam pics of myself too!)

Alicia - A 1st yr law student from Birmingham. Skates pretty well*


The highlight: Alfred and Rachel skating**

* She managed to keep up with me as I took her around the rink. I can't skate slow, as it makes me lose balance for some reason - probably detrimental to my partner's balance =P

** The look on Alfred's face when i told him "In skating, speed is your friend. It's easier to keep balance when you're faster..." was priceless. Mind you, his skating wasn't bad la. He just needs to go faster =P

No comments: