Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ceilidh


Last night I went dancing the Scottish way last night in Bute Hall. The University organised a ceilidh night for the international students. Admittedly, it's harder than it looks =) yours truly made the mistake of wearing boots there.
Anyways, ceilidh is tiring, requires coordination, and is also incredibly fun =). Strongly recommended (but don't wear boots)

On another note, I've met some pretty cool people here - a lot of Americans (some claiming Canadian nationality), some French, some Germans... and so forth. The University's pretty cosmopolitan. Oh and I ran into my first Malaysian last night. Here are Nadine (NZ) and Melanie (US) at the Glasgow Cathedral.Basically, aside from keeping Guinness in business, I've also been around the city. The cathedral at Glasgow is just amazing. The University organised a bus tour just yesterday and I'll be back again. Church services at the start of every month =)

Anyways, off to cooking dinner - having a pot luck tonight with some people. Cyas!

No comments: