Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things to be thankful for

Having been in Scotland for 3 weeks, I've so much to be thankful for:
  • So far this week, the weather's been awesome =) hasn't rained that much.
  • Great housemates - 2 guys and one girl from Quebec, and Mohan from India - awesome ppl. We've just had a nice, long pot luck (started 930, finished just now). Anyways, it was a great time of just hanging out, learning different things about each others' cultures (including the joys of maple syrup), and yeah laughing at the same time. Its funny how a bunch of ppl who didn't know each other beforehand can get along almost instantly haha...
  • A ministry to serve - I've been signed up to guitar for GCCC in 2 weeks! looking forward to it. You would not believe how weird it was knowing that there was a J-life service on today and that I wasn't playing.
  • Things to do - i fear boredom =)... but I'm taking up fencing, and hoping to play football for CU. Oh, and today I played cricket with some guys from the subcontinent. They play every weekend so I'm hoping to join them regularly. I also proved today that not all Australians can play cricket well.
  • Great sermons. The past few weeks, I've really been blessed by being able to hear from Ps Gordon at GCCC. Today's sermon was from Psalm 107:23-32. Basically, if you want to see God really act in your life, you've got to go out of your comfort zone. God comes where He's at stake.
Anyways, that's enough for now. Got some readings to catch up with =)

No comments: