Monday, September 08, 2008

When it rains it pours

Unfortunately the near perfect weather I had enjoyed couldn't last forever. The honeymoon is over - might as well blog.

On Sunday, I attended Glasgow Chinese Christian Church (the church of a friend of a friend). The English service wasn't bad. Pastor's name was Gordon Cheung, but he doesn't sound like a Cheung. Sermons are even more interesting in a Scots accent. Anyways he spoke from Psalm 107:4-9 about wanderers. Actually I loved the way he structured it - he just went through the passage verse-by-verse, and elucidated. It's amazing how the Bible is just so accessible. You don't need a doctorate in theology to know God - just a heart for Him.

Prior to that, i had the pleasure of having a vegetarian brunch - some of the ppl from the church met up prior to the "half-one" service - afternoon services anyone?

Anyways, today I proceeded to slice my thumb making soup... bled for abit, I kept cooking... and tonight's oxtail soup was made with sweat, blood (literally) and tears (onions) =P... didn't quite get the mix right though... possibly too much paprika and water.

What else did I get up to? Well I met up with Severine, a French architecture student to see the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. Amazing place, featuring a famous painting by Dali, and various other brilliant pieces of artwork. I'll definitely be back again, this time with a working camera. Also, we were lucky enough to pay a visit when the organ recital was on - given I'm practically a philistine in the area of art, the only piece i recognised was the soundtrack from Babe =P. But honestly, I could probably spend 3 days in that museum.

Anyways, time to sign off for now. Planning to watch a comedy gig later (once it stops raining).

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

greetings from pert!!

The wonderrr ashley was talking about cooking... hahah btw i always multitask while cooking.. hahah! and nice photos!! so what will you be cooking tomorrow ??HAHAH!!