Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reminiscing

Lets just say it's a bad idea to look at old pictures when you're feeling homesick and wistful...

I started today trying to start an essay due Friday. But somewhere along the line my 'research' got me to the NLCC website... and a few short clicks later, to all the camp websites. Of all the J-life camps I've been to, Crossfire and Got Love stand out.

It's funny how time flies eh? I can barely remember what I was doing up to Crossfire, but those 4 days stick out like a sore thumb in my memory. God takes us a step further each day if we let Him stretch us. I guess that was the point when ministry moved from being something I did because I was competent in whatever I was given to do, to life.

Life where you're thrown into the deep end, have to deal with relational crises, an honours dissertation, and responsibilities you don't feel capable of handling . God didn't physically write my dissertation, or take notes for me in class. He didn't slap me awake through those exhausting and exhilirating days at camp. From a human point of view He didn't actively intervene in my affairs. And yet without Him it wouldn't have happened.

One thing is clear - He was there. When I was at my wit's end over what to do. When I was exhausted at camp. When I was slugging it out with Excel over economic data. When I messed up. He was there, in that quiet whisper in my heart, more meaningful than audible words could ever be, telling me to hold on to Him. Telling me that He would never let me go no matter what happened. Telling me to trust Him.

And that kept me and still keeps me going. I'm in a foreign land for a few months. Let me make it a better place for me being there. God's with me on this one. I know it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

reading your post was very encouraging. very insightful nic =)