Sunday, October 19, 2008

How not to spend a tuesday/wednesday

Tuesday
930am
- Wake up, shower, breakfast (cereal)

1030am - Walk to uni for my International Private Law lecture

1100am - Run into Mikey (classmate who also does Medieval Legal History)

Me: "so Mikey, started your MLH essay yet? I'm gonna work on it today."
Mike: "Yeah started on the weekend"
Me: "It's due Friday right?"
Mike: "... err no actually it's due tomorrow"
Me [frantically checks course outline]: "... shit... you're right"

At that point, the lecturer walked in and you can guarantee that I absorbed very little in that class. I was frantically planning an essay.

1200pm - After IPL, I rushed straight to the library and proceeded to, in a panicked fashion, research stuff that would help me answer this question:

"A Roman Lawyer without Canon Law is worth little: a Canon Lawyer without Roman Law nothing". Discuss.

At this point, some of you will say - why didn't you read the course outline properly? Well, page 1 of the outline stated that the essay was due Wednesday (Week 4's lecture). However, on the very next page, the actual essay question said that it was due in week 7. Don't ask how I thought it was due Friday Week 4. I'm a genius. Not.

Anyways I managed to get some scratchy research done, after lunch with Jacklyn. Eventually, at about 2.30am Wednesday morning, I completed the crappiest essay I've ever written in my whole life (and this includes my Standard 2 essay about "siapakah pemandu kereta yang paling teruk?"*).

Wednesday
230am - I went to bed.

730am - woke up for the 9am lecture...

900am - front up for the lecture half-dead with way too little sleep. The lecturer's first words:

Dr John Finlay: "I know the essay's due today [pauses]. However, I won't be in this whole week... so just hand it in Monday"

Me: "......" [clenches fist furiously under table]

To be honest, I can't really blame him... after all i should have read the outline properly - but it did kill my day.

1000am - All i could manage after the lecture was to stumble to the library after class to try to catch up with some readings. There I ended up napping for an hour (ask Elie).

1100am - I gave up on the study and went home to sleep.

300pm - woke up and went to the gym...**

What a day. Then again, cell was great that night (see earlier post).

PS: I've just finished the essay =)

* translation: "who's the worse driver" - how prophetic eh Kristine?
** re the gym - you can now see where my priorities lie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, very prophetic indeed. Now I wonder why it is indeed that you the worse drive between the both of us, has not yet had to repair the car you drive. Tisn't fair! :P

I'd say well done on the essay, Murphy's Law always works against us :P In the end you did manage to finish the essay right?