Sunday, October 12, 2008

Procrastination

Damn... i should be doing my jurisprudence readings...

Anyways, I had a pretty good day today (as evidenced by 2 posts thus far). Played guitar at GCCC for the first time, which was a pretty different experience. Then rushed home to play cricket again, and gave a slightly better account of myself =)

For those of you who don't know me, I'm (despite my occasionally nice demeanour) highly competitive. In fact, I'm (as Amanda pointed out) competitive about being the most competitive. Thus, a sport which I enjoy playing but am the worst player in naturally attracts more concentration...

I arrived late at the dirt field we use as a cricket pitch... and came in as the last batsman. It was an 8 over match, with each team having 5 wickets (making me the 5th best batsman =P). Anyways with nothing to lose, I got 15 runs from 9 deliveries, and managed to take 2/7 bowling (again complete gibberish to the non-cricket inclined).

Am I happy? Yup =)

Am I still one of the worst players to ever wield a bat? Maybe I'm slightly better than this guy...

But at least I now have a modicum of confidence when I'm holding an irregularly shaped piece of wood facing a guy hurling a nice hard taped ball at me.

And confidence is everything.

No comments: