Thursday, October 02, 2008

My housemates are pretty cool. Let me introduce a few of them:
Steven and Maude from Quebec - Steve's studying engineering and Maude's an engineer on a working holiday . Both are pretty awesome ppl. And both are inducting me into the joys of maple syrup.

Mohan from Tamil Nadu in India - funny guy who's doing his PhD in Chemistry - says he can't cook but the smells from the kitchen indicate otherwise (well except for dinner 2 nights ago - that beetroot stuff looked a tad off =P). But anyways, we've had some pretty hilarious chats:

Nick: To be honest eh, I really can't cook that well. I'm just kind of working it out backwards based on my memories of what my mum's and my grandma's cooking tastes like. It's all improvisation.
Mohan: Same here actually. Well I'm a chemist so I'm combining my ingredients as one! (laughter). And you, well, you're reverse - engineering your food (more laughter).

The other day, I'd managed to get 2 packets of strawberries for only 1.50. At that price, I was worried that the small Scottish strawberries would be ridiculously sour. Actually, they were surprisingly sweet (sweet enough to make Nutella taste almost redundant)

Anyways, I was hankering for some dessert (after making fried chicken) yesterday. Desire leads to imagination, which leads to:
One happy chef !

At this point, the housemates decided to join in and make their own. Basically: get a clear glass, and layer yoghurt, strawberries and nutella as such:And enjoy =) it goes pretty well with some tea biscuits (the plain kind) broken up. Now I know what I'll serve my date if I'm out of dessert ideas. It also doesn't look half bad. And the taste? Decadent.

No comments: